Bonding treatments help fix many different dental flaws, including:
- Uneven or large spacing between teeth
- Stains or yellowing that affect the color of the teeth
- Cracks, chips or other fractures that damage the tooth
Composite bonding is a great, conservative way to improve your smile. During the treatment, our dentist will place a composite (tooth-colored) material over the surface of the tooth. This material is made of a plastic or resin that sticks and “bonds” to the surface of the tooth. The resin or plastic is biocompatible and safe to use on patients of all ages. Unlike other restoration procedures, bonding does not require an appliance. It also does not remove dental tissue the way a dental crown or veneer would.
Dr. Glenn M. Wilson may recommend a dental bonding treatment for many reasons. Some of the benefits of bonding are:
- Relatively quick treatment, usually lasting under an hour
- The material can be color-matched to the surrounding teeth, helping them blend in naturally
- Inexpensive, especially when compared with other restorative treatments
However, some bonding treatments do not last as long as other dental procedure. Our dentist can go over the relative benefits of dental bonding in New Milford, Connecticut. Our practice can also go over the possible need for bonding replacement or retouching in the future; call 860-354-3737 to have us answer your questions.