Contact Glenn M. Wilson DMD for Cosmetic Dental Bonding
If you are looking for cosmetic dental bonding, Connecticut dentist Glenn M. Wilson DMD is the name to know. Dr. Wilson has practiced in New Milford, CT for 25 years, providing state-of-the-art dental care to his patients. Using the dental bonding process, he’s able to fix many flaws in teeth quickly and conveniently. Our practice has a friendly team of dental professionals committed to helping you enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile, so contact us for an appointment.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Bonding treatments help fix many different dental flaws, including:
- Uneven or large spacing between teeth
- Stains or yellowing that affect the color of the teeth
Composite bonding is a great, conservative way to improve your smile. During the treatment, our dentist will place a composite (tooth-colored) material over the surface of the tooth. This material is made of plastic or resin that sticks and “bonds” to the surface of the tooth. The resin or plastic is biocompatible and safe to use on patients of all ages. Unlike other restoration procedures, bonding does not require an appliance. It also does not remove dental tissue the way a dental crown or veneer would.
What Are Some Dental Bonding Benefits?
Dr. Glenn M. Wilson may recommend a dental bonding treatment for many reasons. Some of the benefits of bonding are:
- Relatively quick treatment, usually lasting under an hour.
- The material can be color-matched to the surrounding teeth, helping them blend in naturally.
- Inexpensive, especially when compared with other restorative treatments.
- Cosmetic dental bonding provides fast results. You’ll have a more symmetrical, attractive smile in just one treatment.
- Bonding repairs broken and chipped Dentists use dental bonding for a chipped tooth, or a tooth that’s broken because it’s easy and safe.
- It can close unsightly gaps. If your teeth are spaced too far apart or are unevenly spaced, you can choose dental bonding for gaps.
- It can improve the shape of each tooth. Because dental bonding adheres to each tooth separately, it can be used to adjust the shape of the individual teeth. By changing a tooth’s shape, dentists can even use dental bonding to straighten teeth.
- Dental bonding can help protect the tooth root if gum recession occurs. Dentists can use dental bonding for receding gums, covering the exposed areas to protect the root.
- Bonding usually allows the tooth’s structure to be preserved. It doesn’t remove tissue like some other restorative procedures.
- Bonding is a simple way to decide if you want more extensive treatments. With dental bonding, front teeth can be temporarily changed, so that you’ll know if you want to go ahead with a more permanent solution, like veneers.
- Dental bonding is a single-appointment restoration. In less than an hour, we can improve your smile.
What Is the Dental Bonding Procedure?
Your dentist will choose a shade of resin that closely matches your teeth. The teeth will be cleaned, and a special solution will be applied to roughen the tooth surface. This creates a strong bond with the resin. The dentist will apply the resin and use a curing light to harden it. He will then shape and polish the resin, giving the surface a natural look. Your bite will be checked for issues, and refinements to the bonding will be made as needed.
How Should I Take Care of My Teeth After Dental Bonding?
Over time, the dental bonding resin can stain just as natural teeth do. Care for teeth with dental bonding the same way you care for the rest of your teeth, brushing for two minutes twice a day and flossing at least once a day. See your dentist twice yearly and have regular dental cleanings.
How Long Will My Dental Bonding Last?
Dental bonding resin is durable, and in some cases can last for several decades. Its longevity will be extended if you avoid eating food that’s too acidic and take good care of your teeth. It’s not as strong as a crown, so dental bonding can be affected if you chew something that’s too hard.
Make Your Dental Bonding Appointment Today!
Glenn M. Wilson DMD is a family dentist with expertise in dental bonding. Reviews of our practice show our commitment to patient care, and we strive to provide the best possible results in a friendly environment. Schedule a consultation so we can talk to you about your options and show you our dental bonding before-and-after pics. Contact us for a dental bonding appointment today.