When patients come in to see Dr. Glenn M. Wilson, they expect the best in care. Our office helps provide them with better care by using some of the latest in dental technology. One of our effective tools is panoramic X-ray imaging.
Panoramic X-rays are unlike traditional X-rays. Generally, they provide a more comprehensive view of the mouth. While traditional (bite-wing) X-rays show the teeth and jawbone from limited snapshots, our X-ray machines show the full dental arches. In addition to the upper and lower teeth, our dentist can also examine the upper and lower jawbone, as well as the neighboring maxillofacial bones.
Detailed imaging helps our practice better investigate and diagnose dental issues. They can also help plan more effective treatments for patients.
Some of the Most Common Uses For Panoramic Imaging Are:
- Find and diagnose impacted teeth, including wisdom teeth
- See damaged caused by gum disease or tooth decay
- Analyze the need for orthodontic treatment
- See damage caused by an accident or facial trauma
- Identify the signs of oral cancer
- Determine the best place to anchor an implant
- Identify TMJ or teeth grinding symptoms
- See cysts, tumors or other abnormalities
Contact Our Dental Professionals
If you are wondering how panoramic X-rays in New Milford, Connecticut, can help you, call 860-354-3737 and schedule an appointment with our dental professionals today.